using pgsql-odbc with ASP and ADO

From: "Jan Novak" <jan(dot)novak(at)interbis(dot)cz>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: using pgsql-odbc with ASP and ADO
Date: 2004-01-30 01:01:08
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,
i'm using pgsql-odbc driver for connection to my postgres sql server and
everything works fine.
But today i made some application with text areas with large content (>32kB)
and i'm in trouble ....

If I just fetch data from database
set objRS = Connection.execute "SELECT * FROM ""table"" where id=23"
and use them : response.write objRS("largeConent")
i get displayed only something like 8kB of data.

When i tried using
objRS("fieldName").getChunk(objRS("fieldName").actualSize) i got an error
message : ADODB.Field error '800a0c93', Operation is not allowed in this
context.
.actualSize contains correct value and i even tried using .getchunk(100)
with same result every time ....

Does anyone seen this before ? It's quite important for me, cause i'd like
to use postgres sql server as backend server for many other applications,
but many of them will be IIS5+ with vbScript, so if i'm not able to use
large data i have to try something else :-(, and i don't want to .....

Thanks for any hint or advice,

Bye, Honza Novak