Problems using PGAdmin III

From: Együd Csaba <csegyud(at)vnet(dot)hu>
To: "Pgadmin-Support (E-mail)" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problems using PGAdmin III
Date: 2003-10-26 18:02:13
Lists: pgadmin-support

Dear Jean-Michel,
I'm succeeded to subscribe this list. Thank you.

> You can register the support mailing list from:
> http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/support.php#support_list
Done.

> The euro display problem is an encoding problem. The euro sign is not part
of
> an ASCII database. Whenever you would like Euro support, choose:
>
> Database->Create Database and select dropdown menu:
> Latin9 (Iso-8859-15) or Unicode encoding.
To tell the truth it wasn't what I wnated. Actually I can insert the euro
sign via ODBC using pure SQL_ASCII encoding. PGAdmin can display the euro
sign. The only problem is that it can't display which was inserted with it.
I can't use unicode encoding, because the client machines are win9x which
does not support unicode (as far as I know). It's not a crucial problem, but
it's an inconvenience.

> Give us more details about the function problem and we will make our best
> help you. Let's continue on pgAdmin3 mailing list... What version of
pgAdmin3
> are you using (answer us on pgAdmin3 mailing list)?
I've downloaded the latest development version (1.1.0) and the phenomenon is
the same. If it is necessary I will quote the whole source of one of my
"missing" functions. Actually there are several functions which are hidden
from pgadmin. There is no special reason (syntax error, missing quote - it
is a running system and these are frequently used functions) to hide the
function body so I have no idea.
The content of the previev pane in case of one of the false functions:
-- Function: public.close_back_invoice(int4, int4, int4)

-- DROP FUNCTION public.close_back_invoice(int4, int4, int4);

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION public.close_back_invoice(int4, int4, int4)
RETURNS bool AS
''
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;

The real content is in the attached file (func.dump).

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

-- Csaba

---