Re: VMWare connection

From: "Vikram Khurana" <vkhurana(at)mail(dot)nmfs(dot)hawaii(dot)edu>
To: "'Krystian Brazulewicz'" <krystian(dot)brazulewicz(at)iq(dot)pl>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: VMWare connection
Date: 2002-08-23 21:31:17
Lists: pgadmin-support

I'm new to VMWare, Linux & Postgres. So pardon my newbie post.

grep IPADDR ifcfg-eth?

I didn't have a ifcfg-eth file so I did grep IPADDR ifcfg-eth0 in the
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts directory but got back no result.

What does that mean?

I did do a ipconfig in W2k to find out my IP & tried to connect using
the IP for VMware. No luck with that either. Does Postgres's service run
on port 5432 by default?

I've tried changing the password for Postgres but it asks me for the
current passwd when I do that in Linux. As far as I could find it is
supposed to be empty, but when I just press enter at the current
password it errors it. Is there another default password for Postgres? I
did my install thro RPM's