Re: Conversion from MS Access to Postgresql

From: <davidb(at)vectormath(dot)com>
To: "Mihai Gheorghiu" <tanhq(at)bigplanet(dot)com>, "Stephen Davies" <scldad(at)sdc(dot)com(dot)au>, "G(dot)L(dot)Lim" <limgl(at)grouplinks(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Conversion from MS Access to Postgresql
Date: 2000-06-27 15:09:34
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Mihai,

Microsoft products store false as (0) and true as
(-1) (Why? I don't know!). Apparently storing a
(-1) requires more than bool provides. So, you
can either edit all of your Access code so that it
interprets (1) as true (practically, I don't
recommend this), or you can migrate your yes/no
fields to int2.

David Boerwinkle