PQexecParams performance

From: "Harry Rossignol" <harrywr2(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PQexecParams performance
Date: 2005-12-12 18:20:45
Lists: pgsql-bugs

My experience using PQexecParams is that it has a performance
degradation of a factor of 100's if not thousands.
I have reworked my queries to DECLARE a binary cursor for the return
results and using a fixed text statement for the PQexec select.
It doesn't help on Inserts and Updates but it sure helps on straight
select statement queries.