FW: Used Memory

From: "Christian Paul B(dot) Cosinas" <cpc(at)cybees(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: FW: Used Memory
Date: 2005-10-25 07:28:51
Lists: pgsql-performance

Here are the configuration of our database server:
port = 5432
max_connections = 300
superuser_reserved_connections = 10
authentication_timeout = 60
shared_buffers = 48000
sort_mem = 32168
sync = false

Do you think this is enough? Or can you recommend a better configuration for
my server?

The server is also running PHP and Apache but wer'e not using it
extensively. For development purpose only.

The database slow down is occurring most of the time (when the memory free
is low) I don't think it has something to do with vacuum. We only have a
full server vacuum once a day.

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html