Re: [PORTS] Status of Linux/Strongarm?

From: "segfault" <segfault(at)hardline(dot)org>
To: "Lamar Owen" <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>, "Thomas Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: "Ted Nolan SRI Augusta GA" <ted(at)ags(dot)ga(dot)erg(dot)sri(dot)com>, <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [PORTS] Status of Linux/Strongarm?
Date: 1999-11-07 01:21:33
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hi everyone,

>Thomas Lockhart wrote:
>>
>> > I found a netwinder site at netwinder.org, and they have RPMs for
6.5.1,
>> > so my guess is that they believe it works on Redhat/Strongarm...
>> > http://www.netwinder.org/allrpms.html

Well, it built fine (with minor tweaking of the configure stuff) and seems
to run. I only did very basic stuff like creating a new db, adding a table
and a couple of items to it, then selecting from it.

>> Is the strongarm the same as arm32? That's what we list already for
>> netbsd. Or is strongarm a distinct architecture which should be listed
>> separately?

StrongARM is the name of the chip .. it's the Intel (formerly Digital)
SA-110, a 32-bit RISC processor.. probably the same as arm32, yes.

>armv41 is the architecture listed for the RPM's mentioned. The patchset
>is attached.
>
>I'm going to look at integrating this into the 6.5.3 RPM's -- but this
>really should be in the main tarball, IMO. There's no big patches made
>-- the whole set is only 2K.
>
>I've added Mark Knox to the cc: list, as he put together this RPM set
>from the RawHide 6.5.1-0.8 rpm. Mark, I'll be releasing 6.5.3 RPM's as
>soon as 6.5.3 is official, and I'd like to get arm supported by it.
>Just wanted to add you to the loop.

Excellent, thanks. I'll be happy to build/test your ARM packages if you need
it.