QUESTION: OID and fake index do i "need" to use it?

From: "Corey W(dot) Gibbs" <cascadia(at)nventure(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-ODBC(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: QUESTION: OID and fake index do i "need" to use it?
Date: 2002-03-18 03:30:28
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Good Evening Everyone,

I posted up a question Friday about some weird updating behavior when using ADO recordsets, and I just thought of something.

On the connection setup in the ODBC datamanger, I am not using the dynamic OID and fake index thingy options. Should I turn those on anyways even though I'm using a serial field in the table as a unique id for the row? Or should I leave them off? Will VB have an easier time of tracking what records it's currently working with if I turn them on? Any help would be appreciated. Only this one field does this and it's very frustrating.

thanks in advance
corey