Re: [INTERFACES] Problem to access postgres database with jdbcusingthe driver on the server side...

From: "Robson Martins" <robson(at)netalfa(dot)com(dot)br>
To: "pgsql-interfaces" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Problem to access postgres database with jdbcusingthe driver on the server side...
Date: 1999-08-24 11:52:45
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

----- Original Message -----
From: Jens Glaser <jens(at)helena(dot)jens(dot)de>
To: Robson Martins <robson(at)netalfa(dot)com(dot)br>
Sent: Monday, August 23, 1999 10:45 PM
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Problem to access postgres database with
jdbcusingthe driver on the server side...

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 23 Aug 1999, Robson Martins wrote:
> > Everything....nothing works....
>
> You did use Class.forName to load the pgsql-driver (postgresql.Driver) ?
> (or the property jdbc.drivers, but not sure if that's possible with
> applets)
> You supplied the correct URL to getconnection ?
>
> --
> Jens Glaser Am Holderstrauch 13, 36041 Fulda, 0661/9429507
jens(at)jens(dot)de

The code below is what i'm using on my applet, i think it works with applet,
cause work swhen the postgresql.jar is my classpath, and I have read
anything about put the driver on the server side, I dunno...

try {
Class.forName("postgresql.Driver");
co =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql://myhost/mydb","username","pass
word");
st = co.createStatement();
rs = st.executeQuery("select * from tablename");
if (rs != null) {
while ( rs.next() ) {
doanything
}