Borland PQexec error in Windows XP

From: "G(dot) van Wieringen" <wieri420(at)planet(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Borland PQexec error in Windows XP
Date: 2004-06-22 21:57:34
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi all!

Just started my first borland+postgres project and within 5 minutes I found
the following problem:

This piece of code:
char query[] =
"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa";
res = PQexec(handle, query );
Gives me, as it should, this error message:
ERROR: syntax error at or near
"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" at
character 1

But this piece of code:
char query[] =
"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa";
res = PQexec(handle, query );

Gives me this Debugger Exeption Notification:
"Project Project1.exe raised exeption class EAccessViolation with message
'Access violation at address 32665A50 in module 'CC3260MT.DLL'. Read of
address F840C228'. Process stopped. Use Step or Run to continue."

Note that the first query is just 1 'a' shorter and it does not give the
Debugger Exeption.
Is it possible that PQexec or CC3260MT.DLL can not handle queries that begin
with more than 64 characters?

When I enter the query in psql (linux) on the database machine itelf, it
gives the notice:
NOTICE: identifier "stringwithmorethan64chars" will be truncated to
"stringwith64chars"
(of course, the text between double quotes is not a part of the actual error
message )

I am using Borland C++ Builder 6 with libpq (compiled with borland from
postgres 7.4.3) under Windows XP.

All help is welcome!

G. van Wieringen
wieri420(at)planet(dot)nl