postgresql ODBC

From: "allan d(dot) go" <batusaix(at)pacific(dot)net(dot)ph>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgresql ODBC
Date: 2001-09-10 23:45:56
Lists: pgsql-odbc

greetings,

i compiled postgresql 7.1.2 with odbc option

i created .odbc.ini on /home/pgsql <--- directory of my postgres user

.odbc.ini

[ODBC Data Source]
Driver=/usr/lib/libpsqlodbc.so
Database=db1
Servername=localhost <---- should i put the IP address?
Port=5432

i installed psqlODBC and setup on my Win OS

Datasource=postgresql
Database=db1
Server=10.2.1.1 <----- ip address of my postgresql box
post=5432

and i tried to connect via Visual Basic 6.0

VB6 Connection

DNS=postgresql
UID=postgres
DATABASE=db1

i'm having "ODBC Database Open Failed, Check connect Info" error

how can i check if i properly installed pgsql ODBC on my linux box?

i know my postgresql is working, cause i can retrieve data via PHP program on my Win OS

____________

another one, i copied the postgresql script of rpm to my compiled box and issued this command to start postgres

echo -n "Starting postgresql service: "
su -l postgres -c 'nohup postmaster -D /home/pgsql/data </dev/null >>server.log 2>&1 </dev/null &'
sleep 1
pid='pidof postmaster'
if [$pid]
then
create pid file for postgres
else
echo failed
fi

i can't start postgresql using this script
but i can when i issue "nohup postmaster -D /home/pgsql/data </dev/null >>server.log 2>&1 </dev/null &'"
on bash prompt using postgres user.

something wrong with my script file?

just wondering...

^_^x