odbc-4 crashing with 300000 record tables..

From: "mazzo" <jambo(at)aruba(dot)it>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: odbc-4 crashing with 300000 record tables..
Date: 2001-06-03 12:28:00
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi all..i've downloaded the pgsql odbc 0004 driver from the ftp site and i'm using it to access a pgsql database that i have exported from access 97...one of my tables has about 300000 records and when i try to open it from access 2000 as a linked table, ms access freezes giving me an error concerning low memory...
The question i have is: am i using the correct odbc driver or should i download something else..(i noticed there is another driver 0005 in the "full" directory...)
Is there a tutorial or a website that explains what steps i have to take to optimize sql queries to gain the best performabce from pgsql..??
My plan is to use pgsql as a backend for an access 2000 application but if i link the tables into my access db from pgsql, the application won't work...i suppose it's a problem with queries that aren't optimized for pgsql...

Thanks in advance for your answers..