a problem with case in psql

From: "ystein Thorsen" <othors99(at)grm(dot)hia(dot)no>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: a problem with case in psql
Date: 2002-04-03 20:40:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I've used pgAccess to make all the tables and colums.
Ex.: table diagnosis column diagnosis_ID

Then, when I use psql to execute select statements, diagnosis_ID does
not exist.

But when I change the column name to diagnosis_id it works fine.

The problem is therefore that it is possible to create a column name
with uppercase but psql transforms all statements to lowercase, and
therefore will not work.

(Sorry about my bad English)

ystein Thorsen
Norwegian student