Reg: 25P02, current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

From: "Durgabhavani(dot)g" <durgabhavani(dot)g(at)ocimumbio(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Reg: 25P02, current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block
Date: 2009-04-10 09:55:03
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Dear all,

I am trying to port my application from Oracle to PostGREs. I have a problem while doing so. In my application i need to update record if the delete on the respective record is failed due to Constraint Violation. But SQL Error: 0, SQLState: 25P02 ERROR [JDBCExceptionReporter] ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block is being generated while updating the record. But with Oracle i am able to do this.

I have tried with latest Jar [postgresql-8.3-604.jdbc3.jar] too, but problem still exists.

Here is the code that i worked on:

try{
session = sessionManager.getSession();
transaction = session.beginTransaction();
session.delete(objects[i]);
session.flush();
}catch(ConstraintViolationException e){
objects[i].setDeleted(Integer.valueOf(1));
session.saveOrUpdate(object[i]);
session.flush();
}
transaction.commit();
sessionManager.closeSession(session);

I am using platform java 1.5, jBoss 4.2.3, Hibernate v3.3, PostGREs v8.3 and OS Windows me.

Thanks in advance,
Bhavani.G