Re: win32 crash in initdb - it has still problems.

From: "Korea PostgreSQL Users' Group" <pgsql-kr(at)postgresql(dot)or(dot)kr>
To: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: win32 crash in initdb - it has still problems.
Date: 2004-07-29 14:06:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-hackers-win32

initdb debug messages are here.

---
creating configuration files ... ok
creating template1 database in data/base/1 ... LOG: could not open directory "/
share/timezone": No such file or directory
LOG: unable to determine system timezone, defaulting to "GMT"
HINT: You can specify the correct timezone in postgresql.conf.
FATAL: could not select a suitable default timezone
DETAIL: It appears that your GMT time zone uses leap seconds. PostgreSQL does n
ot support leap seconds.
DEBUG: proc_exit(1)
--------

LOG: could not open directory "/share/timezone": No such file or directory
This message is due to my_exec_path is empty. I don't know where this variable set.

another problem,
localizational time zone name (%Z of localtime()) and server time zone name of pg_localtime() are different in CJK OS. (ex. 대한민국 표준시 vis KST)