Re: Can't connect on Windows

From: "Reshat Sabiq" <sabiq(at)purdue(dot)edu>
To: "'Dave Page'" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Can't connect on Windows
Date: 2002-12-23 03:13:29
Lists: pgadmin-support

-----Original Message-----
From: pgadmin-support-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
[mailto:pgadmin-support-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of Dave Page
Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2002 2:25 PM
To: Reshat Sabiq; pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] Can't connect on Windows

------
The 'postgres' user is whoever ran initdb.
------

From the readme I thought I should make a new user account called
postgres (the way it’s usually done in Linux/UNIX). If that is correct,
then I still don’t know how to initdb under “postgres” account, because
of semget … Function not implemented error I mentioned earlier (after
switching to postgres user instead su). As I mentioned in previous
message, however, this page recommends making the user installing
postgres to be the owner of the service (bottom):
http://www.pgsql.info/pg_win.html
And if that is the preferred way of doing it on Windows, then I would
mention that in the readme. Or maybe everybody gets it and I'm not... :)
I think that will be my next try to get it running as a service.

Thank you,
r.