Re: Interesting mention of PostgreSQL in news

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Interesting mention of PostgreSQL in news
Date: 2000-06-23 01:34:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> The interesting part of this for me was:

> Very soon, important applications such as Apache, Samba, PostgreSQL,
> linuxconf, Sendmail, bind, Emacs, SSL, and SSH were up and running.
> There are now over 400 packages, both source and binaries, ready for use
> on Linux for S/390.

> Guess we are an important application now. :-)

You just now figuring that out, Bruce? :-) No, that was the part I thought
most interesting -- PostgreSQL being considered not just an important
application, but an important application running on a linux-powered mainframe
-- or am I the only one who gets the non-sequitur here? On a machine that runs
VM/ESA and more than likely DB2, CICS, etc, PostgreSQL is an important
application. On a mainframe. An IBM mainframe.

We are mentioned in the same sentence and with the same implications as Apache,
Sendmail, Bind, and Samba -- now that's classy.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio