Installing XpSQL or contrib modules

From: George Weaver <gweaver(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Installing XpSQL or contrib modules
Date: 2004-11-19 04:11:13
Lists: pgsql-novice

Let me preface my question/predicament by stating that I come from a Win32 background and have little/no experience with unix.

I have installed PostgreSQL under cygwin using the binary setup and have used successfully used PostgreSQL for several years in a Windows environment (XP).

Now I have an interest in working with XpSQL. I have downloaded the xpsql-0.9.3a.tar and unzipped it, and tried to make sense of the installation instructions, to no avail.

Can someone advise what is the best approach to use to install XpSQL or any of the contrib modules under these circumstances?
Is there a "tutorial for win-dummies" that can step me through the process??

TIA,
George