Re: WARNING: dup(0) failed after 3195 successes: Bad file

From: "Mike Leahy" <mgleahy(at)fes(dot)uwaterloo(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WARNING: dup(0) failed after 3195 successes: Bad file
Date: 2004-08-10 15:19:05
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Mike,

Thanks for the suggestions...as you mentioned, the dup(0) error really had
nothing to do with the problem. It was ZoneAlarm Security Suite causing the
problem. I had suspected the firewall had been part of the issue to start
with, but shutting it down apparently isn't enough...just now I tried
uninstalling the whole ZA Security Suite, rebooted, and now I'm able to
create tables again (BTW, I was able to open template1 with psql, but the
CREATE DATABASE sql command just hung there as did the createdb executable).
I have two computers I'm testing stuff on - I went back to the other, and
couldn't figure out any settings that would get ZA to unlock whatever is
freezing the command. I tried allowing the PG 5432 port, I tried turning
every feature off, and of course just turning the whole ZA system right off,
and still it wouldn't work without uninstalling completely. I don't know if
anyone on this list has a clue what the problem would be, but I figure this
is one for the ZoneAlarm forums...

Thanks,
Mike