Re: encoding

From: "Joel Fradkin" <jfradkin(at)wazagua(dot)com>
To: "'Marko Ristola'" <marko(dot)ristola(at)kolumbus(dot)fi>
Cc: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: encoding
Date: 2005-05-11 18:54:13
Lists: pgsql-odbc

The data base is SQL_ASCHII
I guess the locale is whatever it defaults to when you install from rpm on
redhat as4 not sure?
lc_messages = 'en_US.UTF-8' # locale for system error message
strings
lc_monetary = 'en_US.UTF-8' # locale for monetary formatting
lc_numeric = 'en_US.UTF-8' # locale for number formatting
lc_time = 'en_US.UTF-8' # locale for time formatting

The client is a win2k box.

I can see the chars look ok when I view using pgadmin.
.net was displaying them ok.
The old odbc driver was displaying them ok.

Just the new ODBC driver is doing something to them to make them appear as
question marks.

In any event I switched to the old driver and the site is ok.
I am very busy with after conversion repairs, but maybe later I can take a
closer look at if there is a better way (I am brain dead at the moment 75
hours last week and looking like that this week).

Unfortunately I am still having severe issues with speed and may need to use
my 2 proc SQL server for some reporting.

Joel Fradkin

Wazagua, Inc.
2520 Trailmate Dr
Sarasota, Florida 34243
Tel. 941-753-7111 ext 305

jfradkin(at)wazagua(dot)com
www.wazagua.com
Powered by Wazagua
Providing you with the latest Web-based technology & advanced tools.
C 2004. WAZAGUA, Inc. All rights reserved. WAZAGUA, Inc
This email message is for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and delete and destroy
all copies of the original message, including attachments.