PostODBC/MS ADO

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostODBC/MS ADO
Date: 1998-11-26 09:54:55
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

This message is mainly intended for Byron (for obvious reasons) but any
suggestions would be helpful.

I'm starting to use MS ADO under VB6 for the continuing development of
pgAdmin to allow the use of some of it's new controls like the DataRepeater.
I can create recordsets from the data source quite successfully, but if I
try to update them, I invariably get an error along the lines of
'Insufficient base table information for updating or refreshing'.

The attached commlog does show a number of conn errors - do I have a setting
wrong somewhere or does the driver really not support an option that is
required for ADO?

On another note Byron, is there any chance of you adding an option to select
the old style commlog (single file instead of 1 per session). It's
frustrating during development when I have to hunt through the 15 or so
files already created in a morning to find the one I want!!

Thanks in advance,

Dave

--
Dave Page, Network & Systems Manager, The Vale Housing Association Ltd.
dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk

Attachment Content-Type Size
psqlodbc.log application/octet-stream 12.3 KB