Re: Suggested query editor improvements: Tabs and Indentation

From: "palmerj" <palmerj(at)xtra(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Suggested query editor improvements: Tabs and Indentation
Date: 2007-05-02 19:37:35
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave,

I know this is digging up something from the past, but is this still planned
for the next release? I don't see it on the development TODO list.

Thanks
Jeremy

Under File -> Options -> Query the is an indent characters option.

Set it to zero and you will get single tab indents.
Set it to a multiple of 8, and you will get N/8 tabs
Set it to any other number and you will get that many spaces.

I realise this is completely unintuitive but it might help you for now.
Doing it properly was on my list for this cycle but never got done. I
will look at it for the next release.

> - Have an auto-indent scheme. One I enjoy using is indents to
> the first non-empty column. (I think the Scintilla
> SCI_GETCOLUMN should be able to help with this).

Yes, that is also on my personal todo.

Regards, Dave