I am concerned about trying to convert to unicode and the new drivers again,
because last time my tests went smoth (using the non libpq driver) and in
production it fell like a punctured blimp. I wasted like 18hours of my time
(not totally least I have a current data set in unicode to test with).
In what way? Is that what was crashing in the night?
I am not sure what was crashing us at night (or daytime for that matter).
Interestingly the catastrophic error I got when I had the permissions wrong
for debug is the same one we got most of the time, so maybe its something
weird with permissions.
I did test the libpq driver with the SQLASCII and found it displays ? marks,
so I guess I have to convert to Unicode (which is what I wanted to do anyway
to make sure upper and length etc work properly).
I also tested various lengths of text with both the older driver (seems to
be 100k limit before the record set complains in asp) and newest libpq (did
not seem to mind any length tested with a 1 meg text test data insertion and
editing in asp). In my connect string in both cases (older and newer
driver)I had the max length
set to 16K so I guess that is not what determines what the recordeset can
So far only good news on the testing of the new driver. I will try to get a
production box (2 proc 2650 4 meg) up for IIS and set up a test Unicode
database on my 4 proc Dell redhat postgres box for doing a bit more in deph
testing next week.
In response to
pgsql-odbc by date
|Next:||From: Ets ROLLAND||Date: 2005-07-22 17:21:13|
|Subject: Row versionning between MS-Access and PostgreSQL 8|
|Previous:||From: Dave Page||Date: 2005-07-22 15:42:48|
|Subject: Re: Static analysis run|