RE: Postgres with php3

From: "Joseph" <lters(at)mrtc(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Postgres with php3
Date: 2000-06-23 09:56:55
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-novice

> In this situation of testing I start postgresql or the postmaster
> manually. It works. I can login. Create dbs and a smple of tables.
> But I cannot connct via the phpPGadmin thats the point of trouble.

I got it by doing the following:

Install postgres - Get it running, sounds like you got that.

Install apache - Get it running. Make sure you can make a html file and
display it.

Install php rpm and the php_pgsql rpm.

Edit your /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf, find the php file type entry.
I added html to the file so that php code works in regular html files.
Make sure that php3 file type is enabled.

Make a file with the php3 extension and put something like
<? echo "Hello World" ; ?> in it.

Joseph
IT Manager