Re: Bug in pg_dump

From: "Robert John Shepherd" <robert(at)reviewer(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'Philip Warner'" <pjw(at)rhyme(dot)com(dot)au>, "'Rod Taylor'" <rbt(at)rbt(dot)ca>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bug in pg_dump
Date: 2002-11-16 11:54:09
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> >7.4 should hold the fix for
> >pg_dump, although 7.3 has the dependency tracking mechanism.
>
> Which means that in theory we can back-patch them for 7.3.1.

Not wanting to get too involved in discussions as to whether this should
be done or not, I would recommend you nice chaps save your strength for
other more deserving tasks. :)

I have worked around the problem successfully, it's not too difficult
and would only annoy people who change their schema regularly and do
restores from scratch just as regularly.

I'll put these in some docs I'm going to knock up for tsearch in the
next week or so, which should help other newbies like myself who want to
use full text indexing in postgresql.

Yours Unwhettedly,
Robert John Shepherd.

Technical Director
DVD REVIEWER
The UK's BIGGEST Online DVD Magazine http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk

For a copy of my Public PGP key, email: pgp(at)robertsworld(dot)org(dot)uk