large objects libpq/libpq++

From: StOo <stuart(at)comodo(dot)net>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: large objects libpq/libpq++
Date: 2000-01-18 09:33:14
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Im running postgresql 6.5.1 on Suse linux. I 've got the database on a seperate
machine to the shared library API I have written. I can connect and run queries
with no problem but when i try to add a large object it fails in the lo_open
function. I've called lo_creat before hand so thats not the problem. When I
check in the server /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/<db>/ directory I can fnd the
large object OID details eg xinv97697 xinvx97697. This is also confired by
outputting the OID that was returned by lo_creat.

Normally when you create a large object. you can see it in psql by using the \d
command. However you can't see them if you do this.

Any ideas? anyone?

cheers

Stoo

P.S does anyone have vinces email address as I want to discuss some libpq
libpq++ alterations with him.