|Subject:||Prague PostgreSQL Developers Day 2011 / Call for Papers|
|Views:||Raw Message | Whole Thread | Download mbox | Resend email|
Fourth year of "Prague PostgreSQL Developers Day" will be held on February
10, 2011 in Prague, at the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics (Charles
University in Prague). The conference is organized by CSPUG (Czech and
Slovak PostgreSQL Users Group).
** Call for Papers **
Starting today, the usual "call for papers" is open so if you would like
to present something interesing and relevant at the conference, send us
some basic info to info(at)p2d2(dot)cz(dot) Especially we need this:
* contact info (name, phone, company)
* topic of the session (abstract, what is the goal, etc.)
* expected length (usually 40 minutes)
* whether you have already presented this session (or a similar one) at
We're really interested in traditional session from the user/developer
point of view, as well as in business view. There are many interesting
topics related to PostgreSQL, but let us list several examples just for
* new, unique and unconventional ways how to use PostgreSQL
* migrating production systems to PostgreSQL
* DWH systems based on PostgreSQL
* hacking PostgreSQL code
* running PostgreSQL in unconventional (e.g. embedded systems etc.)
* database products based on PostgreSQL (forks and derivates in general)
* problems when deploying PostgreSQL
* pros and cons when deciding whether to use PostgreSQL or some other
database (from developer/user/manager point of view)
* current trends in DB world (e.g. NoSQL)
* other open source databases (Firebird, MySQL, ...)
Or some other interesting topic, related at least loosely to PostgreSQL ...
We'd like to have two english-speaking guest, the rest of the conference
will be in czech language.
** Schedule **
The call for papers ends on January 9, 2011 (i.e. 10.1.2011 00:00). The
schedule will be announced til Friday January 15 and the registration will
be open at the same time.
** Acknowledgements **
We'd like to thank The Department of Software Engineering of the Charles
University in Prague for helpful and flexible negotiation and for
providing us the place.
** Schedule **
* call for papers - 13.12.2010 - 9.1.2011
* announcing schedule and opening registration - 15.1.2011
* the conference itself - 10.2.2011
** Contacts **
This time, the conference is organized by Pavel Hák (pavel(dot)hak(at)gmail(dot)com)
and Tomas Vondra (tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz).
|Next Message||Jehan-Guillaume (ioguix) de Rorthais||2010-12-13 23:49:55||phpPgAdmin 5.0.1 Released|
|Previous Message||Pavel Golub||2010-12-13 10:20:56||PaGoDump & PaGoRestore v9.0.0 are out|