Backup / Restore not working

From: "Chris Saringolis" <chris(at)apacsystems(dot)com(dot)au>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Backup / Restore not working
Date: 2005-10-10 02:30:58
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

I have installed Postgresql on a Red Hat Linux Enterprise AS 3 system and am
now trying to use pgadmin3 to manage it. As I could not find a snapshot for
the OS I was using, I downloaded and installed pgadmin3 version 1.2.0 for
Red Hat Linux 9. This seems to work well however when I want to backup or
even restore my database, the two option are dimmed and not selectable in
the menu. On one occasion I did manage to get them to come up by randomly
selecting entries on the screen, however I cannot replicate this.

Is there a later snapshot than 1.2.0 for Red Hat 9, or even better, is there
one for Red Hat Enterprise AS version 3. I did download a snapshot I found
for Red Hat Enterprise ES version 4, however this did not install properly.
I have also installed pgadmin3 1.2.2 on my windows XP machine which works
fine, however I want the backup to be stored locally on the Linux box and
not on the windows pc.

Regards,

Chris Saringolis
Systems Development Manager
APAC Systems Pty Ltd
Mobile: 0411410448
Email: chris(at)apacsystems(dot)com(dot)au