PostgreSQL successfully installed

From: "Andreas Gahr" <Andreas(dot)Gahr(at)arcormail(dot)de>
To: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL successfully installed
Date: 1999-10-11 22:11:39
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hello Postgres Team,

I compiled and installed PostgreSQL 6.5.2 on a SuSe Linux 6.1 i486 system
successfully. I had to cause the psql appliction was missing in the SuSe
distribution of the binaries. The regression test run without any problems
exept the float8 test, which doesn't matter.

I've even compilled the ODBC Driver vor Windows. The compillation was easy,
but the installation was not so nice.

I was astonished how easy it was to compile. I haven't compilled such a big
application before except the kernel.

Keep on doing this
Andreas Gahr

I have to apologize for my bad english, normaly I just read it.