Connection with JDBC

From: "Harald Kirschner" <Harald(dot)Kirschner(at)weihenstephan(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Connection with JDBC
Date: 1999-08-19 19:07:51
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Folks,

I run a java 1.1.7 program trying to connect to a postgres 6.5.1 database
and use postgresql.jar (driver). I always get the exception "Connection
refused", but I can connect to the database by using 'psql database'. I run
the app on localhost. The user I am working is the same user that I use in
the java program with the getConnection statement.

Any idea why it does not work? How do I setup a new user with a password
that is allowed to connect to my database?

This java program worked with version 6.2 but after I upgraded to 6.5.1 it
does not connect anymore....

Harald