table and column's comments

From: "Katalina Marcos" <kmarcos(at)mazda(dot)com(dot)co>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: table and column's comments
Date: 2004-10-06 21:47:26
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi all!

I want to ask you if I can retrieve table's comment and column's comments
whit ResultSetMetaData in pgjdbc.

I did prove with a simple query ("select * from ca_t_nivel where 1=0") but
table name is empty and column label is the same column name. I did use
pg74.213.jdbc3.jar, my output:

table name

column number: 1

column name: tpl_nivel_conshist

column label: tpl_nivel_conshist

column type: 4

column classname: java.lang.Integer

column display size: 11

column number: 2

column name: td_nivel_fechoper

column label: td_nivel_fechoper

column type: 93

column classname: java.sql.Timestamp

column display size: 22

I've searched in mail list but I didn't found much about it.

Thanks in advance.

Kata