PostgreSQL ODBC driver error when returnning more than one query (wiht Visual Foxpro)

From: Jarosław Jankowski <Jarek(at)Janko-Soft(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL ODBC driver error when returnning more than one query (wiht Visual Foxpro)
Date: 2003-06-13 15:34:07
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I have PostgreSQL 7.3.1 on Cygwin, ODBC driver 7.03.01.00 and Visual Foxpro
7.0.

When I calling function in VFP:

_SQLREZ = SQLExec(_SQLCH,"SELECT * FROM oper; SELECT * FROM
oper_grp;","oper")

then in table "oper" have 4 rows and in table "oper1" have 2 rows (wrong),
but in 'psql' (running on server) command:

SELECT * FROM oper_grp;

return 7 rows, and this is correct.

Information from psqlodbc_???.log:

conn=39006000, query='SELECT * FROM oper; SELECT * FROM oper_grp;'
[ fetched 4 rows ]
[ fetched 7 rows ]

When I test other "double" queries retuning variable rows i see:

Query from 2th SELECT produce incorrect number rows.
Always is omited first # rows (# = first SELECT number rows + 1).
When 2th SELECT produce less rows than is in first SELECT + 1 then table is
empty (no any rows, but columns in table is correct).

When I check in ODBC Setup -> DataSource -> "Use DECLARE/FETCH" then 2th
Query is not execute. Command return only one result.

When I check in ODBC Setup -> DataSource -> "Parse Statements" then table
schema of 2th returned table is just the sam as first table and have no
rows or VFP carsh.

What I do wrong?

Jaroslaw Jankowski
Warsaw, Poland.