Re: SQL request change when upgrade from 7.0.2 to 7.1.3

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Richard NAGY <richard(at)presenceweb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQL request change when upgrade from 7.0.2 to 7.1.3
Date: 2001-09-14 15:18:42
Lists: pgsql-sql

Mr. Nagy,

> Recently, I have upgraded my postgresql server from 7.0.2 to 7.1.3.
> But,
> now, one request which was 'good' before, don't want to work any more
> now.

I'm not sure I understand your question. What do you mean "doesn't
work"? Please give a detailed list of all steps taken, including any
error messages received.

> Now, if I want that my request works well, I have to remove the order
> by
> statement. But, of course, it is not ordered any more.

Er, by "request" do you mean "query"?

Using an ORDER BY statement as you appear to use it in that query is
permitted and correct. I suspect that your problem is located somewhere
else. For example, what interface tool are you using to send queries to
the database?

-Josh

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/plain 2 bytes