Re: SQL request change when upgrade from 7.0.2 to 7.1.3

From: Richard NAGY <richard(at)presenceweb(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQL request change when upgrade from 7.0.2 to 7.1.3
Date: 2001-09-14 17:31:26
Lists: pgsql-sql

Josh Berkus a écrit :

> Mr. Nagy,
>
> > Recently, I have upgraded my postgresql server from 7.0.2 to 7.1.3.
> > But,
> > now, one request which was 'good' before, don't want to work any more
> > now.
>
> I'm not sure I understand your question. What do you mean "doesn't
> work"? Please give a detailed list of all steps taken, including any
> error messages received.
>
> > Now, if I want that my request works well, I have to remove the order
> > by
> > statement. But, of course, it is not ordered any more.
>
> Er, by "request" do you mean "query"?
>
> Using an ORDER BY statement as you appear to use it in that query is
> permitted and correct. I suspect that your problem is located somewhere
> else. For example, what interface tool are you using to send queries to
> the database?
>
> -Josh
>
> ______AGLIO DATABASE SOLUTIONS___________________________
> Josh Berkus
> Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
> and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
> for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533
> and non-profit organizations. San Francisco

Hello Josh BERKUS,

Thanks for your answer and sorry for my english. It was a query and not a
request! Well, the query works well on postgresql 7.0.2 but when I upgraded
the RDBS to 7.1.3, it did not work any more. The error was : Relation e does
not exist.
But, in the 'order by' statement, I removed the 'e.'. Now, the query works
well without any error. It is ordered but I think it is certainly due to the
fact that the table was already ordered on disk. So, I have no more errors
but I'm not sure that it is completely good.

PS : The interface tool that I have used to send queries to the database was
psql.

Regards

--
Richard NAGY