Re: copy_from does not stop reading after an error

From: Nicolas Grilly <nicolas(at)gardentechno(dot)com>
To: Federico Di Gregorio <federico(dot)digregorio(at)dndg(dot)it>
Cc: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: copy_from does not stop reading after an error
Date: 2011-02-01 11:34:49
Lists: psycopg

Thank you Federico for your answer.

I have ran the same script with pg8000, and it does not stop reading after
an error either... Maybe it is not a bug, and just a limitation of the
PostgreSQL protocol? Maybe the copy from protocol is not designed to return
errors in the middle of the data stream, and I just have to split my data
stream into many chunks and call copy_from for each chunk?