Re: Fwd: How to run query by command prompt in Postgres

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: "Kapil Kr(dot) Khandelwal" <kapilk(at)cscape(dot)in>
Cc: "rod(at)iol(dot)ie" <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>, "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fwd: How to run query by command prompt in Postgres
Date: 2013-03-21 01:00:33
Lists: pgadmin-support pgsql-bugs

On 03/20/2013 08:21 PM, Kapil Kr. Khandelwal wrote:
> Dear Team
>
> I want to a favour from your side. I want to implement clustering in
> postgres on windows server. Please provide the list of steps. I want
> the answers of followings doubts.
>
> 1. How to write archive command
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/runtime-config-wal.html#GUC-ARCHIVE-COMMAND
<http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/runtime-config-wal.html#GUC-ARCHIVE-COMMAND>

The cmd.exe "copy" command is one option. Any Windows command that'll
do what you want and doesn't require user interaction can be invoked
there, including custom-written scripts in vbscript, Python, Perl, etc.
If in doubt, ask Google how do do what you want.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/warm-standby.html
<http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/warm-standby.html>
> 3. how to restore database at stand by server from archived files
Also in http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/warm-standby.html
<http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/warm-standby.html>

If you're having trouble understanding something in the documentation
please explain what you've already tried, where you're getting stuck,
and the SPECIFIC problem you're having in a post to the pgsql-general
mailing list.