Re: How to run query by command prompt in Postgres

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Kapil Kr(dot) Khandelwal" <kapilk(at)cscape(dot)in>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to run query by command prompt in Postgres
Date: 2013-03-20 16:23:31
Lists: pgadmin-support pgsql-bugs

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 8:22 AM, Kapil Kr. Khandelwal <kapilk(at)cscape(dot)in> wrote:
> Dear Team
>
> I want to a favour from your side. I want to implement clustering in
> postgres on windows server. Please provide the list of steps. I want the
> answers of followings doubts.
>
> 1. How to write archive command
> 2. How to log shipping from primary to stand by server
> 3. how to restore database at stand by server from archived files
>
> I am waiting for your positive response. Thanks in advance.

Again, these do not sound like they are bugs in PostgreSQL that
should be reported here.

They could indicate bugs in the documentation if the documentation was
specifically deficient, but it is not evident that you have reviewed the
documentation, as I would expect different "doubts."

I don't know what version of PostgreSQL you are using; if you were
running 9.2, then the following might be relevant documentation:
<http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/continuous-archiving.html>

That seems to describe the things you seem to be asking about.
If it is, then you should avail yourself of the documentation.

It is decidedly not a bug in PostgreSQL for you to fail to read the
documentation, and you should not report such things on this
mailing list.