Re: Full Text Indexing

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: "Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Full Text Indexing
Date: 2001-07-18 15:44:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au> writes:
> I'm playing around with the Full Text Indexing module, and I notice that
> it's case-sensitive. This seems to be pretty useless to me - especially for
> my application. I wonder if there'd be any objections to me modifying it to
> be case-insensitive. Or at least be configurable either way...

Seems like a good idea, but make it configurable.

> Also, the fti.pl that comes with the contrib seems to be using an outdated
> version of CPAN's Pg.pm.

It hasn't been touched in awhile, so feel free to update it. BTW,
someone ought to look at bringing src/interfaces/perl5 into sync with
the CPAN version, too. Or possibly we should stop distributing that
altogether, if the CPAN copy is being maintained?