Full Text Indexing

From: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Full Text Indexing
Date: 2001-07-18 06:43:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I'm playing around with the Full Text Indexing module, and I notice that
it's case-sensitive. This seems to be pretty useless to me - especially for
my application. I wonder if there'd be any objections to me modifying it to
be case-insensitive. Or at least be configurable either way...

Also, the fti.pl that comes with the contrib seems to be using an outdated
version of CPAN's Pg.pm.

The Perl script currently does stuff in a procedural way:

ie. print(PQErrorMessage($conn))

Where it seems to need to be:

print($conn->errorMessage).

I'm not sure if I'm missing something here, but I could also update it to
use the new interface.

Regards,

Chris