Is autovacuum too noisy about orphan temp tables?

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Is autovacuum too noisy about orphan temp tables?
Date: 2008-10-14 08:34:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

While playing around, I got into the situation that I have an "orphaned
temp table" in my database. The log is now slowly filling with these
messages:

LOG: autovacuum: found orphan temp table "pg_temp_2"."foo" in database
"postgres"
LOG: autovacuum: found orphan temp table "pg_temp_2"."foo" in database
"postgres"

I remember the discussion when that was put in, but I'm starting to
think that printing that every time autovacuum wakes up, which is once
per minute by default, is too noisy. Also, it doesn't give me any hint
on what I can do to get rid of the message; I had to search the archives
to find out that I can "DROP SCHEMA pg_temp_2".

--
Heikki Linnakangas