Re: systems 2007 ...

From: Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Hans-Juergen Schoenig <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: Robert Gravsjö <robert(at)blogg(dot)se>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: systems 2007 ...
Date: 2007-10-29 13:46:44
Lists: pgeu-general

Ciao Hans,
> guy: "i have not seen MySQL problems so far".
> me: "do you know anybody who had MySQL problems?"
> in 90% of all cases you will get a "yes" here - this is is how you can
> start then :)
> me: "do you know anybody with PostgreSQL problems?
> guy: typically responds "no".
> me: "well, as you can see - it is all about stability ..."
It would be interesting to have statistics on usage of MySQL and
PostgreSQL (and possibly other RDBMS).

The argument they can rise is that they do not know of anyone having
problems with PostgreSQL because they really do not know any who uses it
or the number of users is lower.

Ciao and thanks,
Gabriele

--
Gabriele Bartolini: Open source programmer and data architect
Current Location: Prato, Tuscany, Italy