[Pljava-dev] table level triggers?

From: thomas at tada(dot)se (Thomas Hallgren)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] table level triggers?
Date: 2005-11-13 10:04:20
Lists: pljava-dev

Darren,
SQL (and PostgreSQL) implements triggers that are fired 'for each
statement' or 'on each row'. PL/Java implements both. It is impossible
for a PL (any PL) to introduce new types of triggers. Ideas in that
direction is better debated on the PostgreSQL general mailing list. I
suspect however, that the postgresql community will be reluctant to
implement non-standard trigger types.

Kind regards,
Thomas Hallgren

that PostgreSQL has