Re: Copyright

From: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Copyright
Date: 2002-06-21 02:23:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> I see in ri_triggers.c:
>
> * Portions Copyright (c) 1996-2002, PostgreSQL Global Development Group
> * Copyright 1999 Jan Wieck
>
> Jan, are you holding copyright on this or is it dual, and what does dual
> mean in this case?

Sure do I, do I? Hmmm, I can't even tell what percentage of the
sourcecode is mine. I guess the second line predates the
"Portions Copyright" and the one who plastered that simply failed
to removed my name. If memory serves I agreed to removal of all
my personal Copyright lines when we discussed the new License
text. Didn't I?

So reading Copyright lines is what you do at teatime? Man, don't
you have to tickle Catherine, apply some patches or do something
else that has value?

Jan

# It's easier to get forgiveness for being wrong than for being
right. #
# Let's break this rule - forgive
me. #
JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com #