Need Info

From: Shamik Majumder <shamik(dot)majumder(at)wipro(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Need Info
Date: 2002-01-28 06:45:20
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

I am facing one problem while using the C++ classes provided by the
Postgres to connect to the backend database and execute query.
I am using PgDatabase class to connect to the backend postgres database
and execute query. Now, when I am using the following method of
PgDatabase class, to access the tuples and fields, its always providing
me return values as char *.
const char* GetValue(int tup_num, int field_num)

My problem is - for my application, I need to have the values back in
their proper format, that means if the datatyoe of one field is integer,

I want to get it back as an integer type and not as a string.

Is there any way in Postgres, to do that ?

Thanks and Regards,
Shamik

Attachment Content-Type Size
InterScan_Disclaimer.txt text/plain 855 bytes