Slow Connection

From: Achmad Amin <ma_achmad(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Slow Connection
Date: 2002-01-28 06:00:03
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Dear all,
I develop application using Delphi and Postgres (use
Winzeos component to connect to postgres). But I have
problem, when I run application at first time, I wait
about 1 minute to see the application. I think this
happen because my application to connect to postgres
too slow. What I must do to reduce speed connection
between my application to postgres ?
FYI, my server use Linux RH 7.1, Postgres 7.0.2, CPU
Cyrix M-II 300, RAM 32 MB, NIC Realtek 8029
my client use Win98, CPU P200MMX, RAM 49 MB, and
delphi 5 for develop app.

regards,
Achmad MA