Re: FSM and VM file

From: akp geek <akpgeek(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Scott Mead <scott(dot)lists(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FSM and VM file
Date: 2010-03-02 21:47:46
Lists: pgsql-general

I am doing a replication of one of the database and the size of the slave
database is growing exponentially . Right now the size of master db is 849M
and the slave is 7GB.

When I noticed the base directory on the slave , that's when I noticed the
fsm and vm files and raised the question.

is there any reason why this happens? or is there way to limit the size of
the file.

my master is 8.3 and slave is 8.4

Appreciate your help

Regards