Re: FSM and VM file

From: Scott Mead <scott(dot)lists(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: akp geek <akpgeek(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FSM and VM file
Date: 2010-03-02 21:29:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Those are the free space map / visibility map files. There is going to be
one of each for every relation.

No worries :-) They are supposed to be there:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Segment_Visibility_Map

Don't clean them up, doing so could be disastrous. Actually, if I were
you, I would avoid doing ANY deletes / purges in the data directory.
Everything in there is maintained by the engine.

--Scott