Re: Summary: Options for PGCon Europe

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)CommandPrompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgeu-general <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, umit(dot)bozkir(at)linux(dot)org(dot)tr
Subject: Re: Summary: Options for PGCon Europe
Date: 2007-11-27 21:41:14
Lists: pgeu-general

On Sun, 2007-11-25 at 18:25 -0800, Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 14:37 +0100, Robert Gravsjö wrote:
> > After re-reading the mailing list and a little discussion on
> > #postgresql-eu it seems to me there are two viable options for PGCon
> > Europe:
> >
> > 1) AT/Vienna
> > 2) IT/Prato
>
> 3) Istanbul, Turkey.

Personal opinion, but Istanbul sounds very good. Prato is still up there
for me because the guys did such a fantastic job last time. I guess that
puts Vienna in last place, in my own personal view, sorry.

Beyond the "good beers" that everybody says they have, I think the next
step has to be the organisation. The most important thing has to be a
good conference for the most people, so we proposers need to come
forward with some more detailed proposals about how things would work,
who's going to organise it etc..

Might I ask the Prato team to start with some notes about How to
Organise a Great Conference? I know they know how.

--
Simon Riggs
2ndQuadrant http://www.2ndQuadrant.com