Re: Summary: Options for PGCon Europe

From: "Gabriele Bartolini" <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgeu-general <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, umit(dot)bozkir(at)linux(dot)org(dot)tr
Subject: Re: Summary: Options for PGCon Europe
Date: 2007-11-28 09:09:47
Lists: pgeu-general

Ciao Simon,

Personal opinion, but Istanbul sounds very good. Prato is still up there
> for me because the guys did such a fantastic job last time.

Thanks a lot for your nice words.

Might I ask the Prato team to start with some notes about How to
> Organise a Great Conference? I know they know how.

I am going to start a new thread soon just about this. However, I would like
to say that, although the conference was set in Prato and the core of the
organisation was delegated to the Prato Linux User Group (mainly logistics,
PR, sponsorships, etc.), PGDay 2007 was organised by members coming from
several areas of Italy. We had people from other areas working for instance
on the website, on the papers section, on the press communication, etc. . In
a few words, it was a team effort. :)

Now, the Italian PostgreSQL Users Group will be responsible for it as we
have just founded a non-profit organisation.

News will follow. :)

Thank you again.

Ciao,
Gabriele