Re: Date/Time types

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Date/Time types
Date: 2002-09-27 16:01:27
Lists: pgsql-sql

Seb,

> I'm french, so excuse me if my english is not correct.

Whereas if you were a native English speaker, you would realize that
there is no such thing as "correct English" .... <grin>

> I'd like to create a table with a Timestamp row (named date for
> example) and
> width a resolution as smaller as possible (1 microsecond if
> possible).
>
> What is exactly the correct query for that question ?
>
> The query I've written is :
> CREATE TABLE "table" (
> "id" int4 NOT NULL,
> "date" timestamp [13] NOT NULL )

Sorry, the syntax above creates a table with an *array* of 13 timestamp
values.

I don't know what the syntax you want for an extra-precision timestamp
is. Assuming there is one at all, which there may not be ...

I'd also advise against creating tables with reserved words (such as
"date" ) as column names. It can cause you all kinds of headaches
later on,

-Josh Berkus